Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

36 weeks today, busy busy

I was tempted to dive into planning everything right after we received Naomi's diagnosis, but then decided to hold off until further along in the pregnancy.  And oh look, that second I blinked right there?  Suddenly I'm 36 weeks.  I've spent the last week trying to at least get all the balls to start rolling that need to be.  My first baby came 6 days late and my second came a day early, so while I don't expect to go soon, you just never know how it will work out.  I have a special Naomi to-do list on my Cozi iPhone app and there are 17 things listed, and that is just a list by topic and not by specific tasks.

I realized a few days ago that while my midwife/OB practice have been supportive, they are only part of the care we both will be receiving in the hospital, and as far as I knew the hospital had no idea what was coming.  I used a general contact form off their website and received an immediate reply, and by the next morning we had a meeting scheduled for Wednesday of next week.  I have a list of things to cover in that meeting too, but that's only 10 long.  (Stuff like the Duke study, pediatrician care, etc.)  My goal is to plan as much as possible, and make someone else responsible for as much as possible.  That way when the time comes and I'm in labor, all I have to worry about is giving birth and not stress about forgetting something important.

3 comments:

  1. Know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice a missed call on your phone last evening? That was me calling to talk about the same things you talk about in the blog. Nice to know we are thinking along the same lines! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. "That way when the time comes and I'm in labor, all I have to worry about is giving birth and not stress about forgetting something important." Sounds like a great plan!

    ReplyDelete