Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hiccups

Naomi gets hiccups as frequently as her big sister did in the womb.  Fourth time today, I think.  Big brother rarely got them in the womb.

Most of the risks of carrying to term with acrania or anencephaly are the same as the risks of any other pregnancy, except there is a higher chance of polyhydramnios.  Luckily for me, Naomi swallows great (as seen via u/s) and I am still measuring a little small for my dates.  In severe cases of polyhydramnios, mothers can end up measuring 8+ weeks ahead due to the enlargement from the extra fluid, and/or have to get the excessive amniotic fluid drained off (which is not comfortable or an easy procedure to have).

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am glad to hear the positive things you are sharing. Thank you for telling your story!

    I want to let you know that in my family we are all thinking of you powerfully right now, in the midst of our situation with my sister's baby. It is a very different story from yours, but it has brought you to mind so much.

    We are praying for you fervently as we cry out to God in our own uncertainty. I trust He will continue to be as kind to you as He has been to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Sydney. I have been thinking a lot about baby Joseph too. I hope he grows and gets healthy quickly and gets to come home soon.

      Delete